Spean Bridge Golf Club
If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to how we handle your data you can contact us by email: [email protected] or write to us at Spean Bridge Golf Club, Station Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire. PH34 4EF.
How and why we collect data from you?
We seek to acquire information about you when you:
• Become a full time member of Spean Bridge Golf Club
• Play the course as a visitor (temporary/day member)
• Enquire about our services
• Provide services to the club
This includes; when you complete a membership application form, or when you contact us by post, telephone or via email.
Whenever we request personal information from you we will always aim to reasonably explain why we are collecting the information and refer you to this policy for more comprehensive detail.
Information we may collect from you
• Name & surname
• Age category (Junior, Adult, Senior)
• Contact number
• Email address
• Handicap ability
What do we use your data for?
• Processing membership applications
• Providing you with information relating to membership
• Internal record keeping
• Processing competition entries
• Maintaining handicap records. We will provide specific data (name, gender, age category) to our handicap management service provider (Master Scoreboard). On achieving a handicap you are registered with the Scottish Golf Union and allocated a life-time ID, which is portable from club-to-club throughout your golfing career, so that handicap information can be transferred easily between affiliated clubs.
• Respond to your enquiries
• Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
• Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
• Send you communications/newsletters which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
How Long Do We keep Your Data?
For members, we will keep your personal information for as long as you are member of the club. If you cease to be a member, we will ask you at that time if you would like us to retain your personal information so we can invite you to social events and keep you updated on news from the Club. We will also retain your personal information if we are required to contractually by our insurers or if we are subject to a legal requirement to do so at that time. This will be for a maximum of 10 years.
For visitors and people making enquiries about the club we will keep your data for the purpose of making you aware of promotions and events at the club but only if you give us written permission to do so.
For contractors and other third parties that provide services to the club we will retain your data for a maximum of 2 years after completion of the services provided and/or the expiration or warranties associated with the service you provide (whichever is longest).
The club has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee how your data is used and kept secure. The contact details for the DPO will be displayed on the club notice board and published on the club’s web site www.speangolf.org.uk.
Your data will be held on a secure password protected database /spreadsheet. Access to the database will be limited to the club DPO, President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Your data will not be sold or provided to any third party with the exception of those highlighted in section 2 of this document and for the purposes detailed. We have confirmed that these third parties each have a policy to keep any personal information they hold on our behalf safe and secure.
The General Data Protect Regulation (GPDR) gives you certain rights and these are listed below, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
• At any time you have the right to view the data we keep about you and to request that we delete or update some or all of the data we hold on you. Should you wish us to do this please contact us by email: [email protected] or write to us at Spean Bridge Golf Club, Station Road, Spean Bridge, Inverness-shire. PH34 4EF. We will undertake the actions that you request within 4 weeks of receiving your request.