Guidelines for Controlling Spread of COVID-19 Virus on the Golf Course and in the Clubhouse
Following the recent announcement by the Scottish Government we are now entering phase 3 of the Covid-19 route map. In compliance with associated recommendations from the Scottish Golf Union, the guidelines for playing the course and entering the clubhouse have been updated as follows. We ask that all members make themselves aware of, and fully observe the guidelines when playing on the course and using the clubhouse facilities.
- The golf course will be open to members and guests of members provided they are accompanied by the member.
- Visitors will be allowed to play the course but must pre-book a tee time by emailing the secretary – [email protected]
- Anyone exhibiting signs of a cold or Covid-19 must not visit the golf course and should stay at home.
- The locker rooms will be open for members wishing to use the toilet facilities. Access to the locker room will be via the external door accessing the locker room hall way.
Hand sanitiser should be used when entering and exiting the clubhouse. Any sanitary ware must be wiped down after use using the antibacterial sprays /wipes available in the toilet areas.
- The club house will, until further notice, be open for essential use only and will be accessible by key holders (committee members) only.
- Members and visitors should change their shoes in the car park until further notice. The lockers rooms should only be used for accessing the toilet facilities.
- A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the clubhouse at any one time and only one person is allowed in the kitchen. Social distancing (2 metres) must be observed at all times.
- A maximum of 4 players per group (from any household) are now allowed.
- Members/ visitors must observe social distancing practices (2 metre spacing) both on the course and in the car park.
- Members should bring their own hand sanitiser with them and use it regularly during the course of their round.
- Flag sticks should not be removed from the holes when putting out. The holes have been modified to allow retrieval of balls from the cup using putter heads. Members are asked to exercise caution when doing this to prevent damage to the holes.
- Bunkers will not be in play. Members should retrieve balls from bunkers and drop outside not nearer than the flag.
- Benches, ball washers, and waste bins will all be out of action and should not be used. Club owned trolleys will not be available for use at the clubhouse.
- Members should not exchange score cards during or at the end of the rounds. Cards should be taken home for disposal.
- At the end of the round, golfers should not shake hands.
- Finally and very importantly, in order to aid the national test and contact tracing program, all members playing the course must notify the secretary by a simple email of the date and time that they play. This should be done before or as soon as possible after they have completed their round. A dedicated email address has been set up to aid this. [email protected] .
We ask your full co-operation on this matter.
Spean Bridge Golf Club
15th July 2020